We are discerning and aim to facilitate a genuine connection of buyer to artist in a meaningful way. We are not a store, but a doorway into the handmade community. Here people connect with Aussie crafting businesses and artists who will tell about their sales, specials, events, auctions, new products, markets and more.
Please follow the link to our launch blog post to find out more.
What you can expect to see at SCH:
- Monday to Friday: Spotlights featuring Aussie handmade stores, products, sales and discounts, special events and more.
- Friday: DIY Friday. Projects that you can get your craft on with and have a lazy day crafternoon.
- Adhoc: Reviews on Australian handmade products/stores
- Once a week: A Treasure Hunting @ SCH Treasury of Australian handmade products
- Once a month: The Face Behind the Name: Interviews with the makers
- Ongoing competitions run by SCH
All enquiries can be directed to:
Please note that we launched under the name of Shop Handmade Australia, and made the change to Shop Contemporary Handmade shortly after.
In the Media
May 2011: An interview with madeit.com.au
Article Written by SCH:
July 2011: My365 Magazine: The Modern Make, Do and Mend Movement page 46/47